The Complete Modern Drum Set course offers challenging material for beginning, intermediate and advanced drummers. Currently Chapter 1 and 2 are being prepared and uploaded. Chapter 1 is a nice chapter to use to get your hands together. This course is in progress.
180 learners taking this course
Learn the 40 international rudiments and some hybrid rudiments in musical ways on the drum set. There are warm up routines and soloing applications.
- Basic Note Values10 minutes
- Single Stroke Warm Up30 minutes
- Double Stroke Rolls & Warmups60 minutes
- Double Stroke Exercise/Challenge5 minutes
- 6 Tuplet Warm Up30 minutes
- 6 Stroke Warmups – Pt 230 minutes
- 6 Stroke 3 Positions
- Single Paradiddles Ex 15 minutes
- Double Paradiddle Ex 1
- Triple Paradiddle Ex 16 minutes
- 3 Paradiddles Warmup
- Paradiddle-diddle Ex 15 minutes
- Paradiddle Exercise 12 minutes
- Paradiddle Combinations60 minutes
- Flams60 minutes
- Drags10 minutes
- Crazy Army Part One60 minutes
- Crazy Army Part Two60 minutes
Linear Drumming is the practice of playing single lines horizontally. It just means no two voices are played simultaneously. Most of what we do fill wise is linear, but this concept that Gary Chaffee first brought to my attention in the 80s can provide a wealth of modern sounding material. Think Gospel Chops.