The Modern Drum Set course offers challenging material for the intermediate to advanced drummer. Addressing a multitude of styles it will help guide your playing to a higher level while improving your technique and raising your awareness of cutting edge concepts such as metric modulation, displaced beats, polyrhythms, and more. "The more you know about different styles and the inner workings of time and phrasing, the better your ability to contribute to the music at hand. The clearer you see the parallels or the common threads that tie these concepts together, the more freedom you will have to express yourself." This course is in progress.
161 learners taking this course
Learn the 40 international rudiments and some hybrid rudiments in musical ways on the drum set. There are warm up routines and soloing applications.
- Basic Note Values10 minutes
- Single Stroke Warm Up30 minutes
- Double Stroke Rolls60 minutes
- 6 Tuplet Warm Up30 minutes
- 6 Stroke Warmups – Pt 230 minutes
- 6 Stroke 3 Positions
- Single Paradiddles Ex 15 minutes
- Double Paradiddle Ex 1
- Triple Paradiddle Ex 16 minutes
- 3 Paradiddles Warmup
- Paradiddle-diddle Ex 15 minutes
- Paradiddle Exercise 12 minutes
- Paradiddle Combinations60 minutes
- Flams60 minutes
- Drags10 minutes
- Crazy Army Part One60 minutes
- Crazy Army Part Two60 minutes
Linear Drumming is the practice of playing single lines horizontally. It just means no two voices are played simultaneously. Most of what we do fill wise is linear, but this concept that Gary Chaffee first brought to my attention in the 80s can provide a wealth of modern sounding material. Think Gospel Chops.