712 Media – The Studio
712 Media is my recording and teaching studio. I spend a good portion of every day here either recording, mixing, editing, practicing, giving lessons, or building web sites (like this one). 7/12 is my birthday in case you are wondering, and it’s ironic that I am putting this post together today. My studio is powerful, it’s certainly not East West or Ocean Way, but it sounds great, and I am lucky to be able to work here. Here are a few pictures and some info on my space.
If you need me to play drums, or need an affordable professional sounding space for voice over or your band, feel free to contact me.
Yes We Can
- All in the box
Digital Recording System:
- DP9 – 24 Ins/Outs – 4 headphone mixes
Mic Pre’s and Interfaces:
- Presonus Digimax 8 channel w/lightpipe
- Motu 8pre – 8 channel 192k
- Motu 896 HD – 8 channel 192k
- Mackie 16/4 mixer (for studio pa, rehearsal use only)
- Alessis Quadraverb (for headphone mix if needed)
- Motu Suite
- Waves Platinum
- Waves Eddie Kramer
- Waves CLA Bundle,
- Waves API Bundle,
- Waves MannyM Bundle
- Waves Abbey Road Bundle
- Waves Abbey Road J37
- Waves Renaissance Suite
- Waves Shepps 73
- Metric Halo Channel Strip
- Izotope Ozone 7 (Mix/Mastering)
- Izotope Alloy 2 (Mix/Mastering)
- Ivory – Grand Piano
- Trillium – Bass – Spectrasonics
- Stylus RMX – Loops/Percussion – Spectrasonics
- Omnisphere – Synth – Spectrasonics
- Mach 5 – Sample player
- B4 – Virtual Hammond Organ
- Kontakt w/library
- over 500 gigabytes of samples for
- Mach 5
Includes SFX, Foley, Vintage Instruments
- KRK Rocket 8 Nearfield (in use)
- Alessis Nearfield
- Yamaha “Oak Custom” Drum Set
- Vintage 1989 Noble & Cooley “Horizon” Series Drum Set
- Vintage 1965 Ludwig “Club Date” Drum Set
- Various Snare drums new and vintage
- 1964 Ludwig Supraphonic
- 1975 Ludwig Acrolite
- 1965 Ludwig Pioneer
- 1976 Rogers Dynasonic
- Istanbul Agop Cymbals (wide variety)
- Various Percussion and FX
- Talking drums, Dumbek, Djembe, Sound FX Percusion
- Bongos, Shakers, Sand Blocks, Tambourines etc.
- Main Studio 24’w x 24’d x 10’h
- Control Room 24’w x 18’d x 10’h
- Isolation Room 4’w x 7’d x 7’h for vocals/voice over (also wired for guitar amps)
- Shure Sm57 (6)
- Shure Beta 52 (2)
- Shure Sm81 (2)
- Studio Projects C1 (1)
- AKG C451B (1)
- EV RE320 (1)
- Sennheiser e604 (4)
I have recorded drums and engineered tracks for albums, corporate functions, instructional videos and CDs, plus commercials and programs for TV & radio.
Ikea, Finger Music, Aspire Home Care, Bob Magruder, Frank Gambale, Frank Macchia, Kit Walker, Chris Golden, Ken Rosser, Steve Billman, Ric Fierabracci, Quantum Hum, Steve Weingart, Matthew Heulitt, Swamp Thang, Bryan Beller, Mike Keneally, Wayne Henderson (The Crusaders), Melonie Magruder, Maxine Nightingale, Eric Marienthal, Marc Hugenberger, Lynn Woolever, Michael Hakes, Moyes Lucas, Matt Starr, Bernie Galane, Jason Sutter, Larry Antonino, Brian Price, Tony Award winner Billy Porter, Five By Night, The Next, The Dive Bar Messiahs, Lunesta, Forest Labs, Sepracor, Toyota, Modern Drummer magazine, American Express, Mel Bay, Hal Leonard and others.
I have recorded, edited, composed underscore and mixed radio programs for PBS and NPR affiliates. I have also recorded voiceover for national commercials and dozens of songs for independent artists, entrepreneurs, drum set instructional videos and corporate events.
I am available to record, my studio or yours. My fee is reasonable. You can have the tracks raw or with my plugins embedded, stereo or separate stems. I can also provide custom loops and percussion. Send me your tune over the internet, or come to my studio with your project and musicians. Let’s make some music.
All the drums on the following tracks and most of the other instruments were recorded here.